Friday, April 17, 2009

Week 1 Day 2


My relationship with food:

This is my first step on what I need to change. I admit it, I'm a 3:00 pm binger. I find myself bored and hungry (or having an appetite) and munching, with guilt to follow. I have some signs of a food addict. I'm hoping this diet and blog will be a good solution for me.

Here is what I am doing:

A Low Calorie, Low fat diet (like Weight Watchers)
Writing down the food I eat
I have my Mom for an accountability partner (we share what foods we eat)
I count calories, portions, and fats.
I also keep track of how many fruits, veggies, dairy, proteins, and fats I have.
I take a multi-vitamin once a day.
I try to walk, get on the exercise bike, or strength train around 3 times a week (I know I need to increase this).
I have portioned out fruit, cereal, carrots, snak foods in bags (thanks Suzie!) and it has helped so much.
I will no longer drink my calories (no juice!)


And My Weekend Challenge:

Tonight is POTLUCK.... so it will be challenging. My goal, eat only one portion except for veggies, no cheesy anything, no dessert (maybe a bite of Andy's), and be careful with the snack (maybe popcorn if they have it). Keep me accountable please!!!

Tomorrow night is the Republican HOG ROAST! Yum (not.) so I will really have to watch my meat portion there, and picnic style foods.

Sunday is a family even with the stollers. Thankfully Aimee is making WW Apricot chicken (its French Cuisine night).

Stay tuned... because I may post some "before" pictures if I get bold enough...

7 comments:

The Lehman's said...

Jenna--Great new blog. Lots of people struggles with food, I am one of them. You are brave to share your journey! I will be checking in to cheer you on. I like Susie like to walk with Leslie Sansone it is really easy and you can do it at home even with the kids. Of course by the time you get their shoes on and your shoes on you feel like you have had a workout. LOL No, really I enjoy walking with Leslie and if you do some each day it really helps. I am trying to get back into the habit of walking with her each day. Good luck--hope that you had a great time at potluck. julie l :)

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you to do this!! I know I will need help in a few months!!! I've been doing really well this week exercising though, and I know your blog will be a huge encouragement!! Keep up your hard work, I know it will pay off!!

Unknown said...

Wow, you sound so dedicated. A good choice to go public with it, hopefully we can all keep you in line and you will encourage us to stay on track too. Too bad it's such a life long struggle:(

Rachel said...

Your honesty is inspiring! I am definitely a food binger--it has been a struggle ever since we got married! So good for you! I am looking forward to following your blog!

Jessica said...

I'm with ya, Jenn! Just not quite as organized...yet... ;)

love you!

Jess (N)

Mary said...

I loved working out with you this morning. Turbo Jam is so much fun - you almost forget you are working out and that I look like a dork doing it. I definitely could do this by myself. I would have to do it in the living room where the DVD player is and, as you know the blinds don't work, won't the neighbors have a laugh. Thanks again for the invite!!

Bryce and Erin said...

Great blog, Jenna!! I could sure stand to lose 30 myself. :) That baby weight just never seems to come off. Blessings on your journey.

Post a Comment