Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kicking myself.

Do you ever just give up? My problem is, I don't give up because I'm not successful, I give up because I am. When I start to lose weight, then I get lazy thinking I can eat or do anything (or nothing) and still lose it because I lost it the week before. NO. That's not how it works. I get so frustrated with myself and my lack of self-control. When I stop posting on this blog, someone needs to call me on it, because it usually means I'm off in some corner with a pint of Rocky Road.
Seriously? Someone call me. I mean it. I have gained like two pounds this week. Gag. Why is it sooo hard to lose and so easy to gain. Today I'm going to do good, and hopefully by tomorrow be at least to the same weight as last week. To have any success I would have to lose 3 lbs. Yeah... not going to happen.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey Jenna,
You probably don't know me...I snoop on your blog because I love your photography and now I'm reading this blog too! I just wanted to let you know that I felt such a bond with you when I read this. I always quit when I think I'm losing weight. I suddenly think I have all this "cushion" to do what I want. It is really rediculous when I think it through logically. But I completely understand. Im impressed by your motivation...I'm working on just trying to exercise regularly. That is a battle in itself. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Well, at least it's just a pint of ice cream, mine would be a GALLON!! Weekly weigh ins are good so they keep you on track, but bad because some of the weight could be water, etc. If the number goes up a little it just means to get back on track, if it goes down, then it means you're doing great. Use Susie's philosophy, every day is a new day. I can totally relate since I just gained 3-4 lbs this week. I haven't run a single step since the race last weekend and have been eating like a HOG! Never fear, Jamie is here to make your problems seem small:)

Unknown said...

So, Jenna, what's the scoop? Haven't heard from you in a while! Did you see my last post? Maybe this is what you want to get you started running.

Post a Comment